Thursday 31 December 2009

A Vote of Thanks and the Legion D'Honneur


I just wanted to close the Year, or more correctly, the first nine months of this Blog, with a well deserved vote of thanks to all those whose influence, support, contributions, comments and inspiration have done so much to make it become a reality.

I had originally intended the Blog to merely be a template or sounding board upon which I could sketch out some of my ideas concerning miniatures projects, and also serve as a form of easily referable record of photos of completed work.
Of course I also wanted to review miniatures that would be a part of future projects, and even offer a resource for those that might share my interests in the smallest of scales. I had no idea, however, that what I saw as relatively 'niche' or rarified subjects would find as ready an audience as they have, nor that my sometimes incoherent ramblings would strike a chord with so many other miniaturists and wargamers out there.

I would like then, to offer my sincerest thanks to all those who have humbled and surprised me by taking the time and trouble to sign up as Followers to this Blog; to all those who have made the effort to leave Comments, (whether critical or comic!), or who have shown their interest and support in myriad ways, from those who were kind enough to reference this Blog at their own websites or outlets, or went out of their way to include it amongst their favourites, or marked it as a Blog of note.

Without the invaluable encouragement this has provided me, I am sure that the project would have remained still-born, and likely have withered into obscurity long since. Therefore, I would like to hereby award all of those who have shown an interest in SteelonSandBlog, (who are far too numerous to name - but you know who you are!) the Legion D'Honneur, in recognition of your gracious input.

I wish I could offer more than this merely symbolic recognition (that's right, you can't use it on your letterheads...), but hope that I can reward your kind interest during the coming year with the more practical offering of lots more content regarding the Smaller Scales.
I will sign off then now, by wishing you and yours the Compliments of the Season, and hope that all enjoy a peaceful and prosperous New Year.

See you all in 2010!

Best Regards, SteelonSand.

5 comments:

  1. Ouch! Do you mean that I cannot use that letterhead I just ordered?

    Next time I'll learn to read the whole post before I jump into the fire . . . hmmm, seems to me that I've made that resolution before.

    So please tell me what am I supposed to do with all of this letterhead?


    -- Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year SoS - looking forward to seeing what you do next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delighted old boy, simply delighted. Its a pleasure to be along for the ride, and your high quality ramblings are a throughly amusing distraction!

    Keep up the good work Dear Chap!

    Yours in a White Wine Sauce,

    Grand Duke Tas the Mad of Menzies on the Minges, Legion D'Honneur.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys, appreciate your support as always, just don't let it go to your heads! ;-).

    I'll be trying out a bit of a new look on the Blog from now, so let me know what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep up the excellent work - a genuinely fun and enjoyable blog like yours is to be valued!

    Cheers,
    Craig

    ReplyDelete